Sunday, April 4, 2010

Trust... its a tricky thing?

Life has been BUSY lately... I feel like the days fly by faster than I can blink sometimes. And in the middle of that "busyness" are three children that are growing and maturing SO quickly - I feel like they are becoming adults right before my very eyes.
I mean - just look at my daughter in the picture above... doesn't she look like she's 13 (or older)!! YIKES!!

As I look at my VERY old daughter - I wonder... am I a good mother to her? Am I teaching her to talk to God no matter what (and talk to me as well)? How can I keep her from making the same mistakes (or worse) than I did? And so many more...

And then I remember...
"For I know the thoughts and plans that I have for you, says the Lord, thoughts and plans for welfare and peace and not for evil, to give you hope in your final outcome." (Jeremiah 29:11)
She is, he is, and he is - HIS!! My Heavenly Father managed (quite well) to keep me, lead me and love me through all my mistakes (and keep me from making many more) - HE can do a MUCH better job with all three of the treasures that He's entrusted me with!



So I choose to trust Him with their lives... so there's where trust is a "tricky thing".

When I want to worry (just a little) about if my daughter is REALLY making good choices... or if my son will ever learn to stop hitting people... or if my other son will stop doing things that aren't good or safe for him... I CHOOSE to trust in Him to lead them (and give me the patience I need to help them through) and lead me!
Its a tricky thing to FULLY give Him control and trust in Him... but its WORTH IT!

So that's my choice today... to trust in Him (no matter what)!!

No comments: