Saturday, November 8, 2008

What goes around - comes around... or something like that?

I have to admit something, I HATE daylight savings time (in the fall) I realize that I might get one more hour of sleep (YAHOO) but it totally messes with my kids' "internal time clock".

As you may have read before, my kiddos tend to get up around 6 am. Chayse - the oldest - is getting better about sleeping in (when I tell her to) but the boys are pretty much 6-6:30 am for a wake up time.

NOW, translate that into "fall back one hour" for daylight savings - YEP, you guessed it FIVE to FIVE-THIRTY am for the last week!! YUCK!

Here's what "comes around" for little boys who get up at 5 am every day for a week straight...


They fall asleep in their high chairs at lunch WITH a slice of banana in their mouth...

Any remedies for helping a two and four year old sleep in one extra hour in the morning??

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Soon they'll be old enough when you can't get them out of bed. Treasure the moments while you can!!!

Anonymous said...

Put them to bed an hour or so later. This has helped my kids for those time changes! :)