Friday, September 12, 2008

In the swing of things...

I'll admit it - I am very much a "creature of habit" kind of person...
- I tend to stick with the same haircut... because I know how to fix it.
- I stick with the same pair of jeans 'til I wear them out... because I love the way they fit!
- I get a routine going and its "tricky" to change...

Don't get me wrong - I get in "spells" and I have to change it all... my hair, new jeans, new makeup, new devotional notebook, move the furniture - all of it, just to have some change.

But I do love the "routine" of the kids going off to school each day, my sons TWO NAPS A DAY schedule, and being able to (kind of) direct my days as I need to (without continually having to redirect kids, break up fights and feed them snacks) - but this morning was THE BEST! Don't get me wrong - I love my kids and I love time with them - but I also appreciate time on my own.

So this morning as my hubby was getting ready to take the two older ones to school - my baby boy stood at the door with big tears running down his cheeks because he wanted to go somewhere too... so his loving daddy took him along with for the ride. Yahoo for Connor!!!

But an even bigger YAHOO for mommy - I got to work out, start the laundry, eat my breakfast, spend an UN-INTERRUPTED 45 minutes reading my devotion books, journaling, prayer, word time AND even a nice, long, hot shower - ALONE!!! It was wonderful...

I'm not sure what I can do for my hubby to make it up to him - but I'm sure he'll give me some ideas...

What's your idea of "heaven on earth"? :)

No comments: