Monday, September 8, 2008

Treasure...

You know how everyone tells you to "treasure the time you have with your kids - because they grow up so fast"... after the events of this past summer (well, actually you could just say August) I think I'm realizing more and more how you have to "treasure" every relationship you have...

Here's my thoughts today - my daughter, is now 8 (soon to be nine) and I went to the grocery store today for the first time (since summer began) without her. She is normally my biggest helper (granted - she does ask A TON of questions and ask for a lot of things - but she's also great company and helps me more than I realized) - I thought I was TOTALLY going to enjoy only having one kid with me - but it was kind of the opposite.

I did enjoy only having one kid in the cart to watch over and buy snacks for - but it made me think back to when I only had Chayse in the cart and how "busy" life seemed then. I think my daughter is getting older when I actually miss her company as a "friend" to talk to in the store - as much as her asking for everything bugs me... I really did miss her company.

And I have to admit - I missed Colton too... 40,000 questions and all! It wasn't as much fun looking at all the "Cars" stuff without him. All I can say is - God is good and I appreciate what He's blessed me with and that He's gentle enough to remind me sometimes how wonderful things really are...

No comments: