Friday, September 5, 2008

A moment from last night... "YOOK IT"

I was trying to post this last night, but couldn't get my wifi to work... oh well. You can enjoy it now!

After the HEIGHT of Connor's 2's behavior - he's two, he wants to get into everything and just learned that he can say "no" and how to run away when he knows he's in trouble... resulting in many moments spent in the time out chair.

So my new solution when I'm frustrated with his behavior is to stick him in what I call "the containment field" (Fred hates that name) - otherwise known as the high chair. He can't get out and I can keep him busy there while I get dinner ready or school stuff done. So last night after two consecutive time outs I put him in the time out chair (of which he replied "NNNooooo") - after about 10 minutes there I hear "Mommy, Mommy, Mommy - YOOK IT!" (That's Connor's version of "look at this" and here was his accomplishment:He balanced his phone (an old one that doesn't work) on his cup of milk and was quite proud of himself.
He then followed that up with his usual pose when he thinks he's cute (I don't know why he does it - but its Connor, what can you say!)

No comments: