Tuesday, September 2, 2008

The cheapest fun you'll ever find...



So this is my children a week ago Sunday (yes, Connor is in just a diaper - look at who his dad is!)... having TRUE hillbilly fun! The three of them are gathered around a paint bucket with about 3 inches of water and a Christmas candy cane (hollow) that my dad bought at Menards for "a buck" and Colton is using that cane to blow water on his brother and sister.

So I ask you... why do I spend PLENTY of money each year on toys when my children laugh and scream at a paint bucket, a cane that costs "a buck" and 3 inches of water??? Oh, the joy of childhood.

The funnier thing is - they want to go back again this Sunday because my dad found (just as we were leaving last time) a BIGGER bucket that I used to play with when I was little (no judgement please - yes, a bucket and a little water entertained me as well when I was a toddler!)

No comments: